At the recent 2015 NCAA Convention, which was held near Washington, DC, voting representatives for Division I institutions approved two legislative proposals which drew much attention, and which will significantly impact Division I student-athletes, especially those receiving full athletic scholarships. … Read More
For NCAA Division I student-athletes, their GPA is increasingly becoming an important factor if they desire to transfer to another college or university to continue their college athletic career. This is because a student-athlete leaving a Division I program can … Read More
Student-Athletes who start their college career at a junior college, should keep in mind the NCAA eligibility and transfer rules that may apply to them should they end up transferring from the JUCO to an NCAA Division I or II … Read More
Last week, I was contacted by three different student-athletes and/or families within 24 hours with very similar situations. In each case, the NCAA Division I student-athlete was planning to transfer and was ready to, or already had, resigned from their … Read More
- "Rick Allen at Informed Athlete was extremely helpful in a very complex, double-transfer situation of my son as a D1 athlete. Along the way, many decisions had to be made very quickly to meet NCAA and Institutional requirements and deadlines.
I would recommend Informed Athlete to anyone at any stage of the transfer process – it was extremely helpful! Thanks Rick!”"
Father of a DI Transfer Athlete
- "After having no success with the AD, the commissioner, and the president of my daughter's college on an eligibility issue, I contacted Rick. With his knowledge of the NCAA rules we were able to resolve the problem and my daughter resumed competing at her school.
I can't say enough about Rick and his professionalism in these matters. We chose the right man for the job. Thanks Rick."
Father of a D3 soccer player
- "Rick Allen was solely responsible for my quickened transition to Oklahoma State University in 1999. I attribute that assistance to his extended knowledge of NCAA policy and academics."
Neb Brown, Arizona Diamondbacks 2002 11th Round Draft Choice
- "I think Informed Athlete is a much needed service. I see many kids make bad decisions based on a lack of information and education."
Billy Gasparino, Director of Scouts - San Diego Padres
- "Because of Rick's background as a compliance officer with a major university, Rick was able to help guide us through the issues involved of moving from a D1 to a Junior College and back to a D1 university to ensure NCAA rules were not violated. He also gave us good information on the various options available to our son."
Parent of a Transfer Athlete
- "I can testify to the fact that the recruiting process was a path with unexpected twists and turns and it was comforting to have Rick Allen alongside to help navigate. I can't imagine any parent trying to go it alone."
Parent of a Division I Volleyball Player
- "Rick - thanks for the quick response. As always, you are a great help to the kids and coaches alike."
Baseball Coach and Scout
- "Just want to convey our appreciation for serving as a "reference book" for the past four+ years. From the time that our daughter signed her letter of intent in 2010 until her last collegiate volleyball match in 2014, it has been reassuring to know that your knowledge of NCAA rules/regs was available at any time. Taking chances with her college education was not something we were willing to or could afford to do, and you made that a non-issue. Thank you! Have a blessed 2015!"
Mother of a DI Volleyball Athlete
- "Thanks so much, and thanks for the role you played in helping us
understand the process and avoid the land mines. It seemed like it took
forever, but the outcome is exactly what we were hoping for.
Mom of a DI Basketball Player
- "Rick Allen is an absolute expert in his field. We have known Rick for a long time. I respect him alot. When it comes to NCAA rules and regulations, he's as good as it gets."
Jerry Ford, Founder & President of Perfect Game
- "We found Rick’s knowledge and insight to be very valuable and timely. We were able to use the information that he provided to help guide our son in making a well informed and confident decision."
Parent of a Division I baseball player
- "We contacted Rick for assistance with our daughter's transfer between NCAA Division I programs and had multiple discussions with him because there was not much time to accomplish the transfer. With Rick's advice and assistance, our daughter was able to complete the transfer and have a successful season at her new school. It was very beneficial to have an expert in our corner."
Dad of a DI Student-Athlete
- "Thanks for all the input and guidance you gave us when our son decided to transfer. Having a expert "third party" to discuss options with helped him make a good decision."
Parent of a 4-4 baseball transfer
- "Best news is the guidance Rick gave us was spot on and the transfer was flawless. Our son is now eligible to play at his Division 1 school and did not burn any bridges with his previous D2 school. Simply put, Rick is a rock star."
Dad of a Transfer Athlete
- "Rick Allen at Informed Athlete was extremely helpful in a very complex, double-transfer situation of my son as a D1 athlete. Along the way, many decisions had to be made very quickly to meet NCAA and Institutional requirements and deadlines. I would recommend Informed Athlete to anyone at any stage of the transfer process – it was extremely helpful! Thanks Rick!”"
Don’t Let This Happen to You
Every day, we hear from parents or athletes who have made bad decisions that have resulted in losing athletic eligibility.