This picture hit the national media this week.
You may or may not agree with this Dad’s tactics to get his son’s attention, however, he is correct about the importance of academics before sports.
In fact, the NCAA has recently increased the academic requirements for a student-athlete to be eligible to play their sport.
The hardest thing I had to do when I worked on campus was tell an athlete they weren’t eligible to play their sport because they hadn’t met the core course requirements for eligibility!
This is why we created Informed Athlete’s Freshman Eligibility & Transcript Review service so we can help high school athletes and parents be better informed and prepared without unpleasant surprises!
With a Freshman Eligibility and Transcript Review, we will:
- Explain the freshman eligibility requirements and how they affect your athlete.
- Compare the courses completed with the courses approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Provide a written assessment of the subjects that need to be completed to satisfy initial eligibility requirements.
- Review your ACT or SAT test scores, and determine the GPA that will be needed for eligibility, and
- Suggest steps and discuss a plan of action that may be available to satisfy the eligibility requirements.
For more information, call us at 913-766-1235 or send an email to email@example.com