NCAA Freshman Transcript Review Service
Many high school athletes fall through the cracks and don’t meet the academic requirements to be a “Qualifier” because they weren’t planning early enough in high school, or due to inadequate advice regarding college athletic eligibility.
If an athlete doesn’t meet the NCAA Division I requirements for freshman eligibility because they didn’t take the required core courses, or don’t have the necessary GPA, SAT or ACT test score, the athlete:
- Cannot receive an athletic scholarship during their freshman year unless the requirements for “Academic Redshirt” are met.
- Will NOT be eligible to compete with the team during their freshman year.
- Will not be eligible to practice with the team or attend weight training with their team.
In addition, if an athlete goes to a JUCO their freshman year as a non-qualifier, they:
- Will NOT be eligible to transfer to a Division I program after just one year.
- Will have more extensive academic requirements at the JUCO to be immediately eligible upon transfer to a Division I program (more required junior college courses).
The hardest thing I had to do when I worked on campus was tell an athlete they weren’t eligible to play their sport because they hadn’t met the core course requirements for eligibility!
This is why we created Informed Athlete’s Freshman Eligibility & Transcript Review service so we can help high school athletes and parents be better informed and prepared without unpleasant surprises!
- With a Freshman Transcript Review Service, we will:
Compare the courses completed with the courses approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Review your ACT or SAT test scores, and determine the GPA that will be needed for eligibility,
- Provide a written assessment of the subjects that need to be completed to satisfy initial eligibility requirements.
- Suggest steps and discuss a plan of action that may be available to satisfy eligibility requirements.