https://i0.wp.com/informedathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/informed-athlete-blog-cover-scholarship-strategies-purple-blog-500-500.png?fit=340%2C340&ssl=1 340 340 Informed Athlete https://informedathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/logo2.png Informed Athlete2021-02-11 15:58:352021-02-11 15:59:40Should Your Student-Athlete Opt-Out of Spring Sports Season?
Should Your Student-Athlete Opt-Out of Spring Sports Season?
We’ve had an increasing number of families contact us to ask whether their athlete should consider “opting out” from their spring season and what it means if they do.
The answer can be different depending on a number of factors. Those factors include:
- The level of college that your athlete attends (NCAA D1, D2, D3, etc.).
- Is the athlete receiving an athletic scholarship?
- Has the Spring sport season started for your athlete?
- If the season has started, has your athlete appeared in a game for their team yet?
- Does your athlete want to continue at their same college next year, or are they planning to transfer?
For a confidential discussion of the Opt-Out rules and how your student-athlete might be able to benefit from them, schedule a Scholarship Strategies consult online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 913-766-1235.