https://i0.wp.com/informedathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/informed-athlete-blog-cover-eligibility-issues-tan-blog-500-500.png?fit=340%2C340&ssl=1 340 340 Informed Athlete https://informedathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/logo2.png Informed Athlete2020-09-15 11:02:022020-09-15 13:15:22Recent NAIA Eligibility Rulings for Fall 2020 Student-Athletes
The NAIA recently ruled that Fall 2020 will not be counted as a term of attendance toward the 10-semester or 15-quarter limit of eligibility for currently enrolled student-athletes.
- Fall sport student-athletes who are entering their 10th semester or 15th quarter of full-time enrollment this Fall at an NAIA college will be allowed to return in Spring 2021 to compete in their final season of eligibility.
- However, the Fall term will still count as a term of attendance for other NAIA rules, such as the GPA or number of credit hours required for eligibility.
Current NAIA student-athletes will only be charged with a season of competition during the 2020-21 academic year:
- If they appear in more than 50% of the maximum number of contests in their particular sport,
- OR if a student-athlete competes in NAIA post-season competition.
The NAIA will not charge current or prospective student-athletes with a season of competition if they participate in any outside amateur competition in their sport between May 16, 2020 to May 15, 2021.
- This may especially benefit international athletes who may not be able to physically attend their NAIA university this year but would like to compete for an amateur team in their home country.
Do you have questions?
For questions about NAIA eligibility, schedule an Eligibility Issues consultation online, or contact us at email@example.com or by calling 913-766-1235.