November 11th is the first opportunity for high school seniors (and JUCO athletes) to sign an NCAA National Letter of Intent with an NCAA Division I or II program in sports other than football.
Here are a few mistakes when signing an NLI that have been noted by compliance directors on Division I and II campuses across the country. Don’t make these same mistakes when you or your athlete sign the NLI. A mistake could cause the NLI to be invalid if not caught and corrected.
- Forgetting to include the time that the NLI was signed.
- Signing the NLI prior to 7 AM your local time on the initial signing date.
- Not signing the NLI within 7 days after the date it was issued to you.
- Names are printed on the NLI instead of an actual signature.
- The Parent or Legal Guardian box is not checked.
- Poor scan quality when you return your signed copy to the university.
If you have questions about signing a NCAA National Letter of Intent or an NJCAA Letter of Intent, schedule a confidential Scholarship Strategies consult online. Or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-766-1235 to schedule a session.