With Winter sports approaching the end of the regular season, here are the opening and closing Transfer Portal dates for NCAA Division I Winter sport athletes:
- Men’s Basketball: March 13-May 11
- Women’s Basketball: March 14-May 12
- Women’s Bowling: March 30-May 28
- Fencing: March 15-May 13
- Men’s Gymnastics: April 5-June 3
- Women’s Gymnastics: March 21-May 19
- Men’s Ice Hockey: March 20-May 18
- Women’s Ice Hockey: March 6-May 4
- Rifle: Feb. 22-April 22
- Skiing: March 1-April 29
- Men’s Swimming/Diving: March 9-May 7
- Women’s Swimming/Diving: March 2-April 30
- Indoor Track and Field: March 1-April 29
- Men’s Wrestling: March 9-May 7
- There are exceptions for Division I student-athletes who will be transferring as a postgraduate student and for those who are transferring as a non-scholarship athlete.
- There is also a 30-day Transfer Window available for Division I student-athletes immediately following their coach being fired or leaving to take another job.
Do You Have Questions About Your Student-Athlete?
Schedule a confidential consultation online for an explanation of the steps, rules and academic requirements to be eligible as a transferring student-athlete, or by calling us at 913-766-1235 or writing to email@example.com